Certified Specialists in Orthodontics
Orthodontists are trained specialists, who spend at least two years after graduating from dental school in a post-doctoral, full-time orthodontic residency program that focuses solely on craniofacial growth and movement of the teeth. As orthodontists, Drs. Novak and Swenson have extensive training and experience in diagnosing and managing all levels of orthodontic treatment needs. We are trained to partner with your dentist to provide you with the best possible care.
A Team that Cares
Our team has a wide range of experience and skills, but most important, they have a genuine interest in getting to know patients on an individual level. Each staff member cares about our patients and works hard to improve not only our patients’ smiles, but also their confidence.
A Comfortable Environment
We are committed to delivering excellent orthodontic treatment to each and every patient. We provide a friendly, caring, and pleasant atmosphere that will ensure our patients feel relaxed and confident about placing their orthodontic care in our hands.
The Best Technology
We work at keeping our treatment methods up to date and progressive to provide you with the best care available, while keeping affordability in mind. Both Drs. Swenson and Novak are certified to provide Invisalign® clear aligners, in addition to Clarity™ ceramic brackets, SureSmile®, and PROPEL Orthodontics for faster treatment. We have the iTero digital scanner to take digital impressions, which eliminates the need for the traditional alginate material that sits in your mouth for two minutes per arch.
A Commitment to the Community
We are very committed to giving back whenever possible. Listed below are local and national charities that our office supports and strongly believes in:
- Semper Fi Fund provides financial assistance to wounded Marines and their families.
- Mercy Ships consists of ocean vessels that pull into various ports around the world to provide medical care to those in need.
- Operation Smile provides free surgeries to repair cleft lip, cleft palate, and other facial deformities.
- World Vision offers a chance to sponsor a child in need to provide food, shelter, and education.
- Shiloh Christian Children’s Ranch provides shelter and escape for abused and neglected children.
Our office also strongly supports local school districts in Cedar Rapids, Marion, and surrounding communities. If you are interested in our office supporting your local school or group, call or send information so we can review your cause.